Tips for injuries
Posted by: J-Kan on December 21, 2011
how not to get hurt longboarding or biking.
1. DONT FALL
2. DONT FALL
3. DONT FALL
4. wear your helmet, even if you are standing on the board. Who knows, maybe a cat will start charging at you and push the board and cause inertia and make you fall.
5. JUST WEAR YOUR HELMET
6. Wear your gloves, it helps a lot because you can catch yourself without worrying about cutting your hands up. It helps mentally because you won’t hesitate to throw your hands on the floor.
7. Wear pads if you have them, especially for freeride and downhill. Hitting your funny bone against the earth is painful. VERY PAINFUL.
If you are hurt, take these approach.
For minor injuries such as pain on butt cheeks…
1. shake it off…..
2. scream and run around in circles while being weird and throws your hands up in the air sometimes, saying aiiiyo ……
such as a cut, and road rash.
1. Take the time to clean it with water asap, it stinks 50000x more when its infected.
2. Cover it up with a Justin Bieber bandage, it works better.
3. Eat some ice cream if it is summer… it makes you happy.
4. dubstep it away. well any music that hype you up really.
Broken bone, stitches required, dislocated arm, etc.
1. Do NOT touch it.
2. Get medical help ASAP.
3. If its a big cut that requires stitching, clean it with water, and stop it from bleeding by applying a wet piece of tissue to it. Don’t move it around too much as you want the blood to stick together.
4. If broken bone or dislocated arm/leg/shoulder, don’t apply force to it, let it rest without any load. such as swinging it in circle. No dont do that. Just lay down, NOT ON THE BROKEN PART, and wait for medical help. If it’s extremely serious, don’t even more it, coz its possible to tear something since your arm or whatever is now kept together by your muscles and skin instead of bone. The only exception to not moving is when life is endanger. For example, when person A crashed and broke his ankle, don’t just let person A lay in the middle of the street if person B is charging down 50mph.
MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL, use common sense, and if you dont know what you are doing, don’t help someone or yourself, ask someone that knows.
Posted in: Bikes Boards Launch Bike Park Rides Tagged under: Banage Biking downhill freeride Injuries Longboard